• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Friday, May 14, 2010

    Weekend Warriors #9










    Click Here to see how it works:

    There are no rules...(feel free to post an old or new post!)
    this will run through the whole weekend
    (Friday evening posted by 9pm PST
    thru Noon Monday, PST )
    so that Special Needs Families
    will have time to participate..
    we never know what any day is going to be like..

    This weeks Question:
    (you can post anything, old or new posts
    you don't have to choose question)

    Summertime is rough for all families. 
    If you are Special Needs, or your Children are,
    what are some of the things you have to do
    to prepare for a vacation?

     My Tip of the day:
    When researching Special Needs Camps
    and/or Events
    always ask for Scholarship Programs!

    Please link directly to your Weekend Warrior Post
    (feel free to link posts with Special Needs Giveaways 
    and informational links, but please, no links 
    to ads for expensive items the average household cannot afford)

    Answer to Question:
    We live across the Street from the Beach so
    planning isn't really necessary! 


    The one fun thing I am planning is
    an Autism Summer Picnic!

    The Autspot Foundation and I are joining forces!


    If you live in California and have Family 
    on the Autism Spectrum...
    Please join us!!


    Come join TheAutspot.com and many other friends and families in the Autism Community at our Summer Picnic! There will be food, activities for the kids, and resources. We look forward to seeing you and your family!

    Please RSVP via Phone 

    or Email (Subject: Autism Family Picnic).
    Date: June 19th, 2010
    Time: Between Noon and 3pm

    Place: Bixby Park, Long Beach, CA

    Jane: 562-712-5320 Autspot Profile: knottylbc
    Dele: dele@theautspot.com

    Greg: greg@theautspot.com Time: Noon-3pm
    www.theautspot.com
    www.theautspotfoundation.org

    4 comments:

    Robin @ Blommi said...

    Now following from FF. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    http://blommi.com

    Jim said...

    Hi Jane, yes, please do have a nice weekend.
    The Summer Picnic idea should hit the spot! Thanks loads for peeking in on me.
    ..

    Rose said...

    I don't have a special needs child, worked with a no. of special needs children. When I GO ON A TRIP i plan ahead, where to, how long, clothes, activities. The parents that I worked with did way in advance planning. One esp. important issue to check out the medical facilities and take a summary of child's med. issues and meds. Have a good day.

    Renee said...

    I wish I lived across the street from the beach! How convenient!

     

    .