• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Monday, May 10, 2010

    Monday Mayhem It's All About Mom!


    Join Us for Monday Mayhem


    1. How old is your Mom? If she has passed away, how old would she be?

    I don't know if she'd want me to share that. So let's just say I'm 42 and she's older than me.

    2. What is/was your Moms worst habit?

    My mum bases relationships on the past. She has a hard time moving on.

    3. What famous person does/did your Mom resemble (a picture of that famous person would be nice)?

    I am not sure what famous person she resembled but I have a pic of her with a famous person.

    My mum and Elvis

    4. What would be one meal that you would love for your Mom to cook for you right now?

    Poached Eggs on Rye Bread. I don't know what it is but she makes the best Poached Eggs. The yolk breaks just right!

    5. Was your Mom a Stay at Home Mom or did she have to go to a work/job (and yes, Mayhem understands and knows that being a Stay at Home Mom is work/job) when you were growing up?

    I was a latch-key kid. She was an ESL Teacher. Although I wasn't having sex at 14, I was drinking & smoking pot, I ran horribly wild, threw massive parties, and ditched school. But when everyone left I still played Barbies with my Sister. 

    6. If you could change one thing about your Mom what would it be?

    I'd like her to live more in the moment.

    7. Did you ever make your mom cry? if so, explain.

    Yes. I went through a three-year period in my early Twenties where I did drugs. It was ugly.

    8. Have you ever told a lie to your Mom to protect yourself or someone else? If yes, have you come clean and told your Mom the truth?

    I told her many lies during that drug period. I don't even remember half of them, but what I do remember I've come clean after she's reminded me of incidents.

    9. What is the one thing that you most admire about your Mom?

    She adopted and raised two Children that weren't hers. She went through the Multi-Race Adoption at a time it wasn't Popular. She endured a lot of abuse and stares. She held her head high & claimed us, and with the cut of her eye's dared anyone to say a word. She is the Original Angelina Jolie and I'm so proud of that.

    10. In 10 words or less, describe your Mom.

    Activist, Youthful, Healthy, Considerate, Proud, Nice, Independent, Beautiful, Charming, Mum!


    Visit Monday Mayhem for more Mom Stories!

    14 comments:

    brandi said...

    ~a sweet post of your mama...i think as we grow we are forever realizing things we should have done a bit differently...a road that may have been easier traveled yet through those twist and turns we grow and strive for better...you are blessed your mama has remained a constant with and for you...a beautiful spirit she does have...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    Ms. G said...

    What a wonderful post. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your mom. And what a doll she was, Elvis didn't keep her?

    Formerly known as Frau said...

    Love your post today...so honest and loving. Cool picture of your mom and Elvis!

    Sharon Schoepe said...

    Your Mom is beautiful! Great post.

    Oka said...

    Love it...I can imagine your Mom and bet she would be exactly how I imagined if I met her :D

    Kmama said...

    Your mom sounds so amazing. I love the pic of her with Elvis. "The Original Anglina Jolie". I love that!

    I am Harriet said...

    Oh sweet....tears are in my eyes. You are very blessed. And the Elvis thing is way cool too :)

    thanks for playing!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/youve-been-banned-ive-traced-your-ip/

    Liz Mays said...

    Your mom is just beautiful, and as a white mom of biracial children, I truly respect and appreciate her ability to take on the challenge, especially at a time when there would have been more hurdles.

    Cheeseboy said...

    Your mom sounds AWESOME! Someone I would like to meet. Glad you only caused her minimal heartache it sounds like.

    I love that you have such an interest in the cause autism/asbergers. I have 4 kids in my first grade class this year on the spectrum and they are some of my favorites ever!

    Anonymous said...

    Your mom sounds so cool. Surprised Elvis didn't keep her. The way he was holding her, looks like he wanted to, ;)

    Rose said...

    Thanks for sharing about you and your Mom. I think we may feel we would like to change about our parents. We might see things could be tougher.

    Renee said...

    That picture of your mom with Elvis is beautiful!!

    gayle said...

    Sounds like you had an awesome mom!!

    Jamie said...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I love this post about your mom, and what a cool picture with Elvis!!

     

    .