• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Thursday, January 14, 2010

    Peace Corps Volunteers Days off Ugandan Style!


    For This weeks A Thousand Words Thursday I wanted to pay Tribute to the Hard Work the Peace Corps Volunteers did in my homeland, Uganda during the late 60's Early 70's.  I dug up some pictures of my Mum, Dad and their friends enjoying their (Seldom) Days off in Uganda...

    Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Checker

    My Dad, Mum, & Friends.... 

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket



     Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket
      
    Of Course I had to add me in the end, LOL!

    Cheaper Than Therapy

    12 comments:

    supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

    your parents led such interesting beautiful lives.... and what joy they must've felt adopting you in the mix of those adventures! incredible.. i love those pics.

    Ducky said...

    Beautiful! They had the best hairstyles...really...I'm probably weird but I love them.

    Life is so different now... I do wish I was around in the 50's...what stories your family could tell...amazing!

    Meeko Fabulous said...

    I love going through my mom's old photo albums too. :) Those are some pretty cool pictures.

    The Mom Jen said...

    Spectacular set, you really need to put those in a special album! How special!

    Anonymous said...

    What an amazing experience that must have been for your parents. And such an adorable pic of you at the end. So glad you have these treasures.

    Liz Mays said...

    What an incredible life they've led! And you were so very precious!

    Mel Fraase said...

    What great pictures! I'd love to see more some time. Thanks for sharing!

    annies home said...

    great pictures I love to hear the stories like you shared and see the pictures that go with it

    Nancy C said...

    The Peace Corps has got to be one of the best organizations ever. I love these pictures.

    Monkey Mommy said...

    Those are some great pictures and a great story

    Carolyn Ford said...

    Those photos definitely are 1000+ words! Amazing story...and about the elephant sign...I think it would be foolish to even try to challenge the elephant for the right-away! HA...that sign would make me giggle too!

    OneStonedCrow said...

    Great images Jane - a blast from the past - I've never been anywhere out of Africa but I imagine that nothing compares ...

    The Peace Corps are still doing fantastic work - here in Namibia too ...

     

    .