• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Friday, May 7, 2010

    Weekend Warriors #8


    For ALL Special Needs!


    There are no rules...(feel free to post an old or new post!) 
    this will run through the whole weekend
    (Friday evening posted by 9pm PST
    thru Noon Monday, PST )
    so that Special Needs Families
    will have time to participate..
    we never know what any day is going to be like..


    ~Non-Special Needs Linkers ask us a question, 
    email knottylbc@yahoo.com to have 
    your questions posted the following week...
    link us, love our children, and most of all 
    teach your children how to befriend ours~
     
    Non-Special Needs 
    (suggestions)

    Aunties, Uncles, Neighbors, OT's, ABA's & Families
    Email me Three Questions that I will post next week

    (ex. how do you feel about your child riding the Short Bus?, 
    I say short bus not to poke fun, but to open up correct lingo and 
    take the power out of tacky words),
     
    Post a pic of your Child with
    A Special Person in their Lives,
    Post an interaction you had this week,
    Something new you've learned, etc
     Let us know One thing you will do this month
    to teach your Child about Ours.


    Special Needs Persons & Families
    (suggestions)

    Post A Pic

    Link an old post or your current post
    Choose to Answer Questions 

    Post how your Week/Weekend went
    What are your plans this Weekend,
    vent, share, love, and laugh..
    you and your family are valued here!

    This is not a forum stating "my way or the highway"
    please be respectful, discuss your experiences only.

    This is not a forum to debate.
    So lets gather and share our Experiences! 
    ****
    This weeks Question:
    What are you doing for yourself
    on Mothers Day?

    Jane's tip of the day... 
    I saw this post on Mother's Day it says Autism 
    but I think it applies to ALL Special Needs Mothers
    Click Here: Mother's Day


    My Post:
    For Mother's Day the kids and I are going to my folks house. 
    It's the one place where I don't have to watch him constantly.
    Everyone chips in taking care of Tafari. 
    Also, Dad is cooking so that is what I am doing for myself... 
    No cooking all Day!

    We just got our Spring School Pics!


    Please link directly to your Weekend Warrior Post
    (feel free to link posts with Special Needs Giveaways 
    and informational links, but please, no links 
    to ads for expensive items the average household cannot afford) 

    10 comments:

    Stacie said...

    I am so jealous as I still am going to have to cook. LOL

    Your Mother's Day weekend sounds nice. Happy Mother's Day early!

    Here is my Weekend Warriors :)
    http://supermommytotherescue.com/weekend-warriors

    Unknown said...

    ugh. I've been cooking all day for a picnic/cookout tomorrow with both my mom and my MIL so they don't have to cook! lol

    Happy Mother's Day! :)

    Claudya Martinez said...

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Beautiful!

    Rose said...

    Love the school pic, so cute. Enjoy your Mothers Day and let your family pitch in to make the day great.

    Unknown said...

    Great blog
    Happy Friday Follow. Following you now on GFC as Thrifty Canucks #95.

    Please check out my blog and follow if you can

    http://thriftycanucks.blogspot.com/

    Renee said...

    Love the new picture! He is too cute.

    Enjoy your Mother's Day! You deserve it!

    brandi said...

    ~wishing you the most beautiful day tomorrow filled with lots of l♥ve and relaxation...you deserve jsut so...and as for your little mad...such a sweet spring pic! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    sheila said...

    Great school pic!

    Okay, so my daughter is in college, first year just completed. She did an alternative break thing where instead of partying she did service work. She went to work with children with autism, veterans and adults with special needs.

    She came home and was so impacted with the experience that she applied for a volunteer position at her college for helping adult special needs. The head of the department remembered her from the trip and offered her a coordinator position. I'm so proud of her.

    Maude Lynn said...

    He is an absolute doll!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    Renee said...

    I know I already commented on this post, but who's keeping track?? Lol!

    I wanted to thank you for such a lovely comment about my Weekend Warriors post. That means a lot to me. You're welcome to be "all up in my posts" anytime! :)

    I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your family!

     

    .