• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Monday, January 18, 2010

    Adoption of Becky


     

    Becky came to live with our family in the late 70's. Her Bio-dad's family is from Panama & Jamaica, and her Great Grandmother was Indian. Her Bio-mom's family is Caucasian/Jewish. She found her family not to long ago. She went with my mom to meet them all.  My dad and I hadn't met them until yesterday. Here are some pics of an Awesome day. We had a great time increasing our family unit!


    From left to Right... Becky's Grandfather, Cousin Keiran, 2 Uncles, and Cousin Dillon

    Becky's Back, Her Aunt, Kathy-Bio-Mom, Mum, Grandmother,
    Cousin Keiran, Uncles, and Cousin Dillon

    Becky's Aunt, Cousin Lexi, Kathy Bio-Mom,
    Mum in the back,busy in the kitchen as usual (I do put down the camera and help her!),
    and Grandma

    New Cousins!! Woo-Hoo!!! Dillon, Kieran, Lexi, and Tafari
    (whats Becky's is ours we share family around here!)

    Kieran Finds the Doggy Door!

    Kieran and The Tafari share something in common...
    Autism... so Kieran and I bonded quickly!

    Becky's Uncle (Kierans dad) and my Sis Becky

    Becky

    Oh Shyt! Who stole my Camera and turned the it on me???
    (my mum and I are rarely in pics we usually take them and hide behind the camera, so I am soooooo gonna get her for this one! I'm thinking 1st thing in the morning, before she combs her hair... because she rocks quite the Bob Fro dontcha know!)

    Dad and Tafari

    Lexi and Kieran love my folks backyard!

    Becky's (and mine too now!)  Grandma & Grandpa

    The day was a success!!!! We had a great time... and our family continues to grow!


    Oh I just have to add this pic of my Mum and my son Chandler
    because I luv it!

    17 comments:

    Claremont First Ward said...

    How wonderful that you all got to share in her "discovery". Beautiful.

    I don't usually end up in photos either. :)

    NabilaHazirah said...

    Thank you for the follow!!

    And thanks for sharing the photos :))

    Jane said...

    Beautiful Family! Looks like you all had a wonderful day!!

    Lori said...

    I love that you share family. I love that there is no "hers" or "mine" that it is "ours". What an awesome family you have!

    Liz Mays said...

    I just love your family! Beautiful!

    Becca said...

    What great pictures!! I love sharing family with family. When I was in Idaho this summer I met my Uncle's wife's mom, and readily took a liking to her and starting jokingly referring to her as "grandma" even though I had no blood relation to her.

    Thanks for grabbing my button!

    Unknown said...

    These are such fabulous pics and thanks for sharing everything with us! It looks like everyone had a fun time!

    Nancy C said...

    I love how the family keeps growing. Awesome.

    Aunt Juicebox said...

    Lots of great pictures! You and your sister are both so beautiful, and I'm just jealous of your hair, too!

    Adoption of Jane said...

    Awww thanx everybody... I am suppose to be packing not playing with pics and blogging, LOL!

    Ebony said...

    wow. you have a beautiful family. :)

    Claudya Martinez said...

    Wonderful, beautiful, expanded family.

    It Feels Like Chaos said...

    I love the "we share family" part and the picture of your mom and son is priceless! Thanks for your encouragement on my post today! I sent you an email last week; no worries at all if you haven't gotten to it yet, but in case it got lost in the shuffle of me sending or you receiving, my email is itfeelslikechaos@yahoo.com.

    Jeanie said...

    There are so many levels of beautiful in this post. It is just awesome.

    tattytiara said...

    Well that had to be an amazing day, how cool!

    And how cute are those baby pictures? Love the pink fat yarn bow - I spent half my childhood with one of those in my hair.

    Angela @ Nine More Months said...

    What a great union! It's so neat to be able to find each other. Beautiful family. :)

    cat said...

    Oh wow, stunning to find new family.

     

    .