• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Monday, May 3, 2010

    The Terror Retires


    (my favorite pic of him, his powder donut sugar coma)
    The nickname "The Terror" retires officially today. Now don't get me wrong, I love the nickname. He runs after us, slaps us with sticky hands, wakes us up at 2am jumping, and laughs after knocking us down. All of my kids have their nicknames. I figured he's no acception. Since his Autism diagnosis I have been reluctant to change his. He's cute small and fitting so it suits him. But he's growing now. It's time to let it go *sob*. It's now or never because we are all so use to calling him that. I don't want him to grow up thinking he's a Terror because of his Autism. After reading John Robison's Post over the weekend, I've decided today is the day! So even though in my mind you will always be my cute lil' terror, you are now my cute lil' Tafari! 
    We shorten his name and call him Fari too.

    16 comments:

    Shell said...

    He's so stinking cute, no matter what you call him!

    Oka said...

    I agree, he is cute no matter what his name :D

    Some of my kids nicknames just phased out.

    Unknown said...

    I understand- about wanting to drop the nick name ... goor for you for thinking about that potential future thinking ;-)

    Meeko Fabulous said...

    Fari it is! :)

    Nancy C said...

    Okay. He will no longer be Terri-Fari-ing.

    Sorry, I know that you've heard that a million times and I am totally not creative. :)

    Lisa said...

    Fari is good!

    *Big sloppy kisses to Fari*

    Anonymous said...

    He is very cute! He also looks like he's a handful, I can understand the nickname, haha.

    Debby@Just Breathe said...

    That is a great idea. ((HUGS))

    Renee said...

    Change is good. "The Terror" will be a happy memory now!

    Kmama said...

    He's such a cute little guy!! I don't know if my kids will ever lose their nicknames. Poor Buster (which Buster is his nickname, he also has a few others that are less than desirable. LOL)

    Juliana said...

    So cute!!!!

    Unknown said...

    Fari is a good nickname for the change. :)

    Joyful said...

    He is so very cute. I agree it is a good time to think of his future :-) Hugs.

    Elizabeth Channel said...

    Oh, he's so busy and cute! Love the new name!

    Jane said...

    We used to call my son "the hornet" because he used to be so damn pissed off as a baby/toddler. Eventually we dropped it. I love the name Tafari...it sounds like a little prince :))

    Loco YaYa said...

    i love john robison. have you read his book? look me in the eye? if you have not i have it and will mail it to you. it is awesome. my oldest is an Aspie. (not an official diagnosis, but one from the pedi and well, we just know. ya know?)

    it is a great book. and if you want it i will part with it and send it your way.

     

    .