• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Sunday, January 9, 2011

    Sunday's in My City LBC jumps off Peace Week



    Unknown Mami

    Volunteering in My Community...

     A great way to begin Peace Week
    and to acknowledge 
    World Hunger Day Weekend! 

    Free Neighborhood Breakfast
    at Martin Luther King Jr. Park




































    Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; 
    they just have the heart.  
    ~Elizabeth Andrew


     This weekend i had my first giveaway!
    I donated to Five families
    from my group,
    Autism in Long Beach,
    signed Copies of
    "Where There's a Meal, There's A Way"...
    by, GFCF Chef Tom Dickinson

    Visit Unknown Mami for more 
    Sunday's in My City

    23 comments:

    Tara R. said...

    What a great event to bring your community together. The murals are beautiful.

    Anonymous said...

    A post full of love...
    Peace!

    Unknown said...

    It looks like the most wonderful day. I am so happy you had such a special time sharing love with your community. You inspire me : )

    BNM said...

    have i told you lately that you are awesome?

    qandlequeen said...

    Splendid activity. Kudos to you!

    Anonymous said...

    this is so cool - love all the pics! Looks like it was such an awesome event.
    And wow- I miss summer...over here is covered in snow!!

    Missy said...

    I love volunteering in my community (my kids' school)! Looks like a grand time was had by all...And I want that bacon, woman!

    Grace said...

    It is true that volunteers have heart. Your pictures were great and I wish we had more community events here. But then maybe they are just waiting for me to do it so maybe I should instead of wishing someone else would.
    Thanks for the inspiration

    Angela said...

    What an amazing garden...I think I need to come visit you one day :)

    Marla said...

    This is absolutely wonderful. The garden is amazing and I love the multi-cultural aspect of it. Good for you for volunteering and setting such a great foundation for your children to build on.

    Joanna Jenkins said...

    I take my hat off to you on so many levels but mostly because you are so hands on and active with your kids and the life lessons they learn. YEAH YOU.
    Great pics too.
    xo jj

    Claudya Martinez said...

    I love that you are so involved in your community. It really is an inspiration.

    Unknown said...

    I love the pictures. And a few good ideas, too. I work in a rather ugly blue building that occasionally gets its share of graffiti. It's time to find a community artist to paint it up with nice pics. Peace, Laurie

    May said...

    Thanks for dropping by!!! It's great work you are doing!!! we've got to learn a thing or two from you..:)

    Unknown said...

    Volunteering does a body good! What a fabulous way to start your New Year!

    Amy DM said...

    Looks like a lovely day.

    Anonymous said...

    What a beautiful and positive way to spend a weekend. The gardens look amazing.

    Debby@Just Breathe said...

    I just love how involved you are in your city. You have the biggest heart. Love the nativity in the greenhouse!

    Karl said...

    Thank you for your inspiration... you are an assest to your world... blessings

    gayle said...

    I really need do some volunteer work! You are such a wonderful person for doing so!

    As Cape Cod Turns said...

    Perfect for your community! I love the "stable" photo!

    Veronica Lee said...

    You're such an inspiration! Love the pics!

    Have a nice day!

    Autism Mom Rising said...

    Very nice. I love the way the colors in the picture play off your blog's blue background.

     

    .