• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Monday, March 8, 2010

    Monday Muse Special Entertainment!


    1581884212_57276dd550_o

    Autism Spectrum & Special Needs Entertainment!!
    I have found two new things that brightened my heart and added Sunshine to my Weekend!! 

    The first Muse is ....

    State-of-the-Art Theme Park for Children With Special Needs, Opening in San Antonio, TX...... 


    How Awesome is This?!! A Theme Park for Special Needs... Holy Freakin' Cow!!  It's free for Special Needs Children and only Five Bucks Per Person!!! 


    (below copied from site)

    Park Facts

    Morgan’s Wonderland ...

    • Located at the former site of the Longhorn Quarry
    • 25 acres in size, and is the first Ultra Accessible Family Fun Park in the world!
    • 8 acre lake stocked with a variety of fish
    • Controlled entry and exit
    • Features RFID locator wristbands and touch screen display monitors so parents and caregivers can keep track of family and friends
    • Fencing around lake edge as well as security fencing around the park’s perimeter for added safety

    Activities & Amenities include:

    • Specially designed air conditioned/heated and oversized ADA accessible restrooms
    • 3 Playscapes
    • Train Rides with wheelchair accessible cars
    • Ultra Accessible Carousel
    • Amphitheater
    • Catch-and-Release Fishing
    • Water Cannons & Remote-Controlled Boats
    • Gymnasium (basketball, volleyball & tennis)
    • Special Event Center for up to 700 guests
    • Walk and Roll Path around lake
    • “Around the World” – themed rest areas
    • Water Works - Water Play Area
    • Off-Road Adventure Ride
    • Music Garden
    • Swings (several types including wheelchair swings)
    • Sand Circle™
    • Sensory Village™
    • Garden Sanctuary with Memorial Wall
    • Several Rest Stops, Picnic Areas & Pavilions
    • 2 First Aid Stations & Feeding Room
    • Braille Signage, 3-D Park Model & Service Animal Rest Area
    • 2 Gift Shops
    • VIA Transit Center
    Visit Morgan's Wonderland Website for More Info!!
    Their Facebook Page too!!

    Any Mom's out there in BloggyLand live in San Antonio, TX 
    and want a weekend visit from me and Tafari this Summer?

    The Second Muse that Brightened my day 
    is the New NBC TV Show:


    Thanks for reminding me to watch my Tivo Show's Rebecca!!

    It's about a Family dealing with newly diagnosed Asperger's, Autism Spectrum, Single Parenthood, Marital Issues, Working Mom/Stay at Home Dad, Inter-racial Relationships, Baby-Mama Issues, etc.
    All of this is wrapped in very neatly and awesomely in the first episode!! 

    The only thing that worries me about this show is the Critics, 
    ecspecially us Spectrum Mothers (we can be the worse at times)... 
    we just don't realize people are listening to us... 
    *cough cough* J-Mac and her Autism Exploitation Crew *cough cough*  
    Autism Diva said it well in her October 03, 2007 post. 

    In the show Parenthood, they are using broken words still, i think because it is at the beginning of their journey, and in order to make it "real" the family can't be educated right away... at least that is what I am hoping. The producers seem sensitive to the Spectrum. So we all just need to calm the heck down and enjoy the show and see where it leads before we judge.
    Be assured that I will update this Post if the show takes a wrong turn.

    Thanks Cinnamon & Honey for another great way to start our Mondays!!

    Please Grab my Special Needs Button 
    if you Love and Know Someone with Special Needs!










    17 comments:

    Liz Mays said...

    I can't believe you found such a wonderful place. Incredible!

    Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

    What an awesome place!

    I will grab the button too!

    Oka said...

    I wanted to see that show and missed it :(

    That sounds like a wonderful family fun place.

    Adoption of Jane said...

    Click Parenthood on my post it will take you to where you can watch it online

    Dee said...

    That theme park sounds amazing! What a wonderful thing for them to do! It's amazing what is in the heart of other's sometimes!! I grabbed your button and put it on my blog! Now I'm going to see if I can figure out how to follow you lol! Thanks again for stopping by!

    Jane said...

    Wow, that is awesome!!! I can't believe I haven't heard of this place! I have a friend that lives in San Antonio, and her son is Autistic..I am sure they will be going!!

    Kmama said...

    How cool is that amusement park? That is so awesome.

    I watched Parenthood last week (aside from the last 20 mins which is on DVR for me to watch soon). I thought it was good. Of course, I'm not sensitive to the ASD, so I didn't pick up on what you did. Good to know!

    Bill Lisleman said...

    thanks for following 'a few clowns short' sure hope you enjoy it.
    I added your button (i'm calling them bladges blog+badges)

    first time to your blog you seem to have a vast amount of info on here.
    That theme park is interesting.

    Michelle said...

    Okay. WOW to the park. I was almost in teas. WOW.

    I saw the preview to parenthood and it looked so good. How many episodes have I missed?

    Robin said...

    Um..that has to be the coolest and smartest idea ever..its about time someone is thinking..believe it or not I had thought of that before..not on a grand scale but a smaller one for local communities...very Awesome indeed..Im grabbing your button..again..!

    CC said...

    That is soooo cool! Too bad it's so far away :( :(

    robin said...

    Very cool!
    Thanks so much for joining Monday's Muse. You're linked up!

    Debby@Just Breathe said...

    That park sounds wonderful. I hope they open more around the country.
    I think I will check them out and see if they take donations. I watched Parenthood and it was very good. I would think that Ron Howard would not leave any stone unturned in what he presents to his followers.

    The Princess of Sarcasm said...

    My in laws live right by the quarry! This is such an awesome idea!! I hope ya'll enjoy your visit! :)

    Stacie said...

    The park sounds awesome! Finally someone taking the time to make something for special needs kids! Thanks for sharing that.

    Rebecca said...

    I DVR'd last night's episode - will watch it later this week. I really hope they keep it real and that spectrum moms can be open - not everyone experiences the same thing, ya know? I found the first episode raw and refreshing as it captured some very real emotion that I have personally felt. We shall see. :)

    Jenn said...

    This is awesome! Supah sent me your link. I'm just getting started with Macaroni Kid in a town about 30 minutes north of San Antonio, but I definitely plan to contact Morgans Wonderland soon! Thanks for the info!

     

    .