Autism Spectrum & Special Needs Entertainment!!
I have found two new things that brightened my heart and added Sunshine to my Weekend!!
The first Muse is ....
State-of-the-Art Theme Park for Children With Special Needs, Opening in San Antonio, TX......
How Awesome is This?!! A Theme Park for Special Needs... Holy Freakin' Cow!! It's free for Special Needs Children and only Five Bucks Per Person!!!
(below copied from site)
Morgan’s Wonderland ...
- Located at the former site of the Longhorn Quarry
- 25 acres in size, and is the first Ultra Accessible Family Fun Park in the world!
- 8 acre lake stocked with a variety of fish
- Controlled entry and exit
- Features RFID locator wristbands and touch screen display monitors so parents and caregivers can keep track of family and friends
- Fencing around lake edge as well as security fencing around the park’s perimeter for added safety
Activities & Amenities include:
- Specially designed air conditioned/heated and oversized ADA accessible restrooms
- 3 Playscapes
- Train Rides with wheelchair accessible cars
- Ultra Accessible Carousel
- Catch-and-Release Fishing
- Water Cannons & Remote-Controlled Boats
- Gymnasium (basketball, volleyball & tennis)
- Special Event Center for up to 700 guests
- Walk and Roll Path around lake
- “Around the World” – themed rest areas
- Water Works - Water Play Area
- Off-Road Adventure Ride
- Music Garden
- Swings (several types including wheelchair swings)
- Sand Circle™
- Sensory Village™
- Garden Sanctuary with Memorial Wall
- Several Rest Stops, Picnic Areas & Pavilions
- 2 First Aid Stations & Feeding Room
- Braille Signage, 3-D Park Model & Service Animal Rest Area
- 2 Gift Shops
- VIA Transit Center
Visit Morgan's Wonderland Website for More Info!!
Their Facebook Page too!!
Any Mom's out there in BloggyLand live in San Antonio, TX
and want a weekend visit from me and Tafari this Summer?
The Second Muse that Brightened my day
is the New NBC TV Show:
Thanks for reminding me to watch my Tivo Show's Rebecca!!
It's about a Family dealing with newly diagnosed Asperger's, Autism Spectrum, Single Parenthood, Marital Issues, Working Mom/Stay at Home Dad, Inter-racial Relationships, Baby-Mama Issues, etc.
All of this is wrapped in very neatly and awesomely in the first episode!!
The only thing that worries me about this show is the Critics,
ecspecially us Spectrum Mothers (we can be the worse at times)...
we just don't realize people are listening to us...
*cough cough* J-Mac and her Autism Exploitation Crew *cough cough*
Autism Diva said it well in her October 03, 2007 post.