• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Tuesday, January 26, 2010

    Monday's Muse on Tuesday... Desiree'

    1581884212_57276dd550_o


    Me and my Cousins, Dez has dark hair on the right.

    My Muse is my Cousin Desiree'. We call her Dez. She is one of the most awesome people you will ever meet!! I am so fortunate to have her in my life... and as a cousin...psssh it could get no betta!! She is so down to earth and so sweet. She has a great head on her shoulders and is practical without being demeaning. She gives great advice without belittling. I've never heard her say she "hates" anyone. I think the worst was an inaudible sigh... the kind where your not sure if you've heard anything wrong. Actually her sisters are the same. Erica (sitting on the left with the blond curls) and Coralie... they were a true pleasure to play with. Even in her late teens when I'd try to coerce Dez to the Dark Side.. she would wake up like everyday was a new one and continue to focus on being the best she could be. 

    She is an Awesome Mother.

    She is raising her girls to be just as Awesome! Her Children are so polite and so sweet! I just love these girls! The thing I like about Dez is she never lets the B.S. get to her. She will probably laugh at that. But seriously, it's true. She has that Cry for a second and then move the hell on attitude. When she abruptly became a single parent (in not so nice of a way), she dusted her self off and eased into the role that I, after years, am still trying to figure out! 

    Dez, Dezi, Desiree' I luv you and am proud you are my Cousin and one of my Bestest Friends!
     
    Visit Cinnamon and Honey to add your own Muse or see Others!




    8 comments:

    Corrie Howe said...

    I love the tribute to your cousin. She sounds like a wonderful person to know.

    Unknown said...

    Wow, your cousin sounds like an awesome person to have in your life!! You are truly blessed!! (I wonder if anyone thinks such nice things of me??? I better shape up!)

    Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

    If I could only have a piece of that personality I'd be golden!!!

    What a cool post!

    Email me... i have a question for ya! :)

    Trac~ said...

    Awww.. how sweet and what a very beautiful family! I love all of the curls! :o) big hugs!

    Kat said...

    Oh how nice you paid tribute to someone who has been around, at your side, for such a long time. It is nice to have family like that. And to Terry who also commented on your blog...YES, I happen to think that highly of you... (she's my sister) :)

    Melissa said...

    Love it! It is so nice to have someone like that in your life. Sounds like she's pretty lucky to have you, too!

    Anonymous said...

    Thanks cuz! That means so much! You rock! I love what you are doing! You are really tapping into your creative genious with this site! BTW, you are way too kind! Thank you for that Muse. I am very touched and grateful to be seen in such a positive light! Much love...
    Dez

    Unknown said...

    Jane (aka Betty to me)- What a wonderful tribute to Des (Dez). What an honor! Just love that photo. I took Gavin to see Spirit of Uganda at the Granada theater in SB this past Friday night (2/5) and thought of you. It was the most moving, uplifting, inpiring and heartwarming peformance! The peformers were all breathtakingly beautiful! It is no surprise that you were born there.
    Hugs,
    Erica (girl on left with blonde curls)

     

    .