• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Wednesday, February 17, 2010

    Special Exposure Wednesday Yeah!

    5 Minutes for Special Needs
    Special Exposure Wednesday is a Meme from the 5 Min for Special needs Website. My 3 year old Tafari is Autistic. We call him "The Terror" not because of his Autism, because of his Age... and personally he is part of this family, therefore he doesn't get a pass from us with bratty kid nicknames!

    We moved this week and The Terror got a new Elmo chair and table set from Grandma. And guess what.... Wait for it.... This is huge.... Are you ready?..... HE SITS IN IT AND EATS!!! BY HIMSELF!!! Okay he still will only eat limited foods and is really picky. For example, he will only eat hot dogs that are Oscar Meyer, the darker ones.. and will only take them cut in half or whole so he can tear it in half.... but... HE SITS IN HIS OWN CHAIR AT HIS OWN TABLE AND EATS (with the exception of Raisins on the floor for Supah's Survivor Challenge)!

    If you know anything about Autism and Special Needs Children.. THIS IS HUGE!! See for yourself....

    Okay I'm Tired Now.....


    Please Visit Special Exposure Wednesday 
    at 5 min. for Special Needs


    Don't forget to Donate for Team Tafari 
    2010 Los Angeles Autism Walk!


    24 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Way to go Tafari!
    That is awesome!

    Melissa said...

    That is such a huge accomplishment!

    Miss. C said...

    My youngest is too, but she is more of an "aspy" case. So when she has her odd little moments, we call them, "Mya Moments!" I love this!! I just wrote a blog on Mya Moments last week! Your son is adorable!! Keep up all your great work!!

    Aunt Juicebox said...

    Wow! And he's just so cute doing it too! lol

    Shell said...

    He is adorable! Way to go!

    Beverly said...

    so sweet. so awesome

    Lori said...

    Yeah! How wonderful!

    He's so cute sitting at his own little table!

    (And I agree, everyone gets a nickname in our family! If you're family...you get one!)

    Kmama said...

    How cute is he sitting in his chair and eating?? What a major win for you (and him)!!

    Shana Putnam said...

    That is so awesome for him! COngrats. I also have to say he is so cute!! I have 2 nephews who have autism and I totally get how great that is.

    Brandi said...

    WTG!!! A big congrats to you both! :)

    Anonymous said...

    That is such a huge accomplishment and I'm sure such a relief for you. He is adorable!

    I left an award for you over at my blog, hope you check it out!

    CristyLynn said...

    This is AWESOME! So excited for you and your son! I love celebrating every new step. Look forward to learning more about you.

    Donna said...

    WTG Tafari! And WTG Jane!

    Coley said...

    That is HUGE! Way to go Tafari!!! I LOVE that table and chairs set. My son would have loved it at that age too. His entire room was done in Sesame Street.

    I found you from your comment on my blog and 5 Minutes for Special Needs. Bookmarking you. :)

    Ann Imig said...

    He is gorgeous, and that is so exciting!

    Anonymous said...

    Wow, Good for you and the Terror.

    Michelle said...

    oh my goodness he is adorable! Looks like the table and chair set were a big hit!

    kristi said...

    Awww he is too cute! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    Casdok said...

    That is huge! No wonder hes tired!!
    Very cute photos.

    cat said...

    Oh I am so happy for you! It is ahuge achievement and he is the cutest kid. Love that table too.

    Karen said...

    Yea Tafari! I work with a 15 yr old on the spectrum and he has JUST started eating at the family table--although would always eat at a table at a restaurant and USUALLY at school. So this IS huge! Congrats to you both!

    April (Mama is on the Potty) said...

    100% adorable!

    Corrie Howe said...

    I agree this is huge. I had to laugh. Jonathan will only eat beef oscar meyer hot dogs. As he's getting older, he'll eat more. I also had to laugh at the cup. Just this year Jonathan started drinking out of a regular class. He had a red cup with a red lid and straw or a purple cup, and these were the only things he'd drink out of.

    Rose said...

    Sounds like your child is going forward in his development. It' good we have hot doga.

     

    .