• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Monday, February 15, 2010

    All About MEme Monday : YOu can Quote Me ..


    Join SupahMommy and MommyBrain in MEme Monday Fun!

    My Favorite Quote:

    "Every saint has a past 
    and every sinner has a future."
    ~Oscar Wilde 

     
    Why is this My Favorite Quote?

    It baffles me when uber religious people chastise 
    those who don't believe as they do, or live according to their word.. whatever happened to "love thy neighbor?" not love thy neighbor only if thy neighbor is a carbon copy of you.
    It baffles me how when someone quits anything
    ...ciggarettes, drinking, drugs, lose weight, etc. 
    they get on the "I did it why can't you" bandwagon".
    It baffles me when people do not allow others 
    to find their own way.  
    It baffles me when grown folks make every thing about race... you should know better!... we are one community and how will our children learn if you don't STFU... yes it still continues, we know this, just change shyt in your home for the next generation... there are more pressing topics to pursue.. like Cancer, Autism, Seniors that have worked all their lives only to get phucked by the HealthCare System! 








    The Trendy Treehouse

    25 comments:

    Lothiriel said...

    Amen! I love this! Baffles me as well...

    Tracie said...

    Love your quote. It's not one that I've heard before. I completely agree with what you said.

    Miss. C said...

    You said it right!!! I have a strong belief in God, but I try to let my actions show it and don't judge or give up friendships because with those who don't follow what I do!

    Unknown said...

    Amen! This is a PERFECT quote for the society we live in today.

    sheila said...

    Okay, the cartoon cracked me up, the quote is so awesome...and...your commentary...AMEN! (LOL) I KNOW!!!! I find that the 'uber religious' are also the most intolerant with race, gays which I would consider the whole 'love thy neighbor' thing.

    Great post!

    Anonymous said...

    Good one, Jane.
    I quit drinking and smoking and know how hard it was, so I let people do it on their own. I had to. It's the only way that really works.
    thanks

    Shell said...

    Fabulous quote!

    Evonne said...

    I've never heard that quote before. I love it. Those things baffle me as well.

    Liz Mays said...

    Everything you said is so spot on! I agree with all of it!!!

    Amy said...

    that was just wonderful..

    Have a great Monday..

    On Friday I am hosting a Family Fridays you just do a post that shares a story about your family. I hope you stop by and share..

    Erin said...

    Good Quote. Following you from Friday Follows.

    Lori said...

    I soooooo love your honesty.

    I also do not understand why people act the way they do sometimes.

    Melissa said...

    Well said! I couldn't have said it better.

    VandyJ said...

    Baffles me that everyone thinks my way is better than your way. Differences scare people.

    Leslie said...

    Your post if filled with LOTS of excellent observations and truths! Love the quote that goes with it.

    Thanks for stopping by. I've added you to my Blog Around the World with JAM's Friends. If you get a chance, stop by and say hello on my other blog...

    JAM's Own Reality
    http://jamblogging.blogspot.com/

    injaynesworld said...

    Wise words, my friend. Along those same lines, my favorite quote is "Just not lest ye be judge," also known as the law of instant karma. It has never failed that when I make any kind of declarative statement about the actions of another, the Universe will present me with the same situation as if to say, "Oh yeah? Really? Let's see how well you do." I've learned the hard way many times, to keep my words AND my thoughts non-judgmental.

    Unknown said...

    There are many hypocrites in this world! Love the quote... not sure I'd heard before!

    Leiah said...

    Another one of my faves ~ thanks for sharing it!

    Unknown said...

    Awesome! Love that quote!

    Margaret said...

    I love that quote as well. I wish more Americans would just grow up and get over the judging everyone and things like that. I don't know that it will ever happen though.

    Gutsy Living said...

    I love people who aren't afraid to say what they think. The U.S. seems to be turning into such a PC nation that I get a wonderful fresh view when I visit my European friends. There they still say what they believe, and are still your friend for disagreeing with them. Cleverly said.

    Lisa said...

    Love this quote! I totally agree with ya on this post.

    Juliana said...

    Love that quote. Sad that I missed out on the fun today, but am having fun reading everyones!

    Kim Lehnhoff said...

    Great quote! Judgmental folks drive me batty. It seems they lose their compassion along the way - it's sad.

    Suzy said...

    I had an uber Christian friend many years ago who told me only people who believed in Jesus Christ as their savior were going to get to Heaven.

    I said that I thought the people who worshipped Buddha were going to be upset to hear that. Wouldn't he reconsider? A resounding NO.

    Some people only see one path. The enlightened, including Buddha, see many.

     

    .