• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Sunday, November 14, 2010

    Sundays in My City A.Skate Weekend

     A.Skate is a Non-Profit that teaches 
    Children with Autism how to Skateboard.
    We Skated, Hung with ProSkaters, 
    Sold Lemonade, and had a Blast!



























    Upper Class Label hosted the first A.skate camp in California in conjunction with The Sheckler Foundation. Pizza donated by Z Pizza every hour and they even made GFCF pizza for kids with allergies! Pros Chad Bartie and Fabrizio Santos came out to lend a hand, Jaime Owens from Skateboarder Mag put in some work for hours and hours but explained the experience was so worth it, Upper Class Label had over 200 drinks donated by Function drinks and brought a table full of snacks for everyone. They even gave shirts to all of the kids who came out. Etnies made gift bags for all of the kids which included shirts stickers and for some shoes! Jordan Hoffart couldn't make it out but sent a box of swag to add to the kids bags as well as sent us a few volunteers for the day. Several of the parents hung around and helped us with handing out gift bags, selling tshirts, and taking photos for us. Joker skateshop sent volunteers and we even had a service dog trainer attend with his wife and son. I know I'm missing out on listing some people but it's not on purpose. Everyone did such a great job joining together to make this event such a special day for our kids. Thank you everyone! ~Crys (A.Skate)



    Unknown Mami

    Join Unknown Mami for more Sunday's in My City

    16 comments:

    Unknown said...

    how awesome is that... and just so ya know my son would have LOVED to have been there he is a HUGE skateboarding fanatic. He can't do it well but he LOVES it

    Heather said...

    What an awesome idea! I love the pictures:)

    Kristin - The Goat said...

    What a great idea and how nice that the pros came out to teach. Looks like everyone had a great time!

    Kristin - The Goat
    via SIMC

    Joanne Olivieri said...

    What a wonderful program and fun for the children. A great way to spend the day and so fulfilling. I remember when I was very young I used to skateboard and loved it. Now it's amazing to see what these children ca do on those boards. thanks for sharing this with us.

    Sonya said...

    What an awesome place for the kids to hang out!!! programs like this need to spread like wildfire.

    Angela said...

    oh my gosh.. can I say I am kind of jealous..I wanna skateboard. Considering I have CP and the whole balance thing is an issue for me it could be kind of fun LOL :)

    Cute picture!!

    Claudya Martinez said...

    That's just awesome all the way around.

    Debby@Just Breathe said...

    This brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful program. ((HUGS))

    Liz Mays said...

    I can't believe what an incredible awesome experience that was!!! Those kids will never forget it!

    Marla said...

    This is very cool!

    Happy13 said...

    Isn't the A.skate Foundation fantastic? Xander had a wonderful time with them when they came to Va. Beach in October.

    Joanna Jenkins said...

    AWE-Some!!!! I love hearing about events like this, it means so much to the kids and their families. High Five to everyone involved.
    Happy SIMC, jj

    gayle said...

    What a wonderful thing to take part in.......Love the pictures!

    Cap'n Salty said...

    Why skate when you can have powdered donuts? Am I right?!

    Looks like it was an awesome time, that one picture just struck me as hilarious though, I had to make that comment!

    Dumb Mom said...

    Dude, you do some seriously cool things. I mean I went to a Bounce party last week. Yeah the dryer sheets. No way laundry is as fun as skateboarding!

    More Than Words said...

    That is very cool!! What a great event for all the kids!!!!!

     

    .