• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Monday, November 29, 2010

    Private or Not??

    So I'm sitting here just thinking. My blog has become really family focused... which I love. It's leaned more towards adoption and autism... which is important. I have gained more followers in the Autism and Adoption community and my old bloggy friends have stuck by my side. However, a part of me feels stifled. My sarcastic, witty, and in your face part of me. I am thinking of starting a private blog for that part. I am entering the world of Non-Profit. I have started the paperwork and will have my own business very soon. I have families in my community who deserve for me to stay professional. What if I don't Always want to be professional. What if I want to scream, curse, or talk smack... I am not politically correct. So what are your thoughts? I would add all my loyal bloggy buds, and keep the rest closed. I would not add anyone I don't feel 100% comfortable about screaming out the craziness that can go in my head. It would be anonymous and not linked to this blog. Comment if you can and let me know your opinion. Let me know if your interested in being a "follower" <--- i hate that word... on that blog, and i will email you with the link if i do it. If your blog is no reply, leave your email address or send me yours.. knottylbc@yahoo.com... So I can talk the Crap I want too and still remain this sweet mama....

    

    20 comments:

    Liz Mays said...

    I could see where you'd feel like you're missing a part of yourself. Let me in to that noggin of yours and new blog, would ya?

    Missy said...

    I'd follow you to the moon and beyond. You are still a human being and need to vent and get a little "crazy" just like anyone else. I say go for it!..And take me with you. (=

    Cap'n Salty said...

    I can understand your reasons and appreciate that you would want to do that (remain publicly professional). You know I will let you rant and rave at me all day if you wanna, hehe. If you decide to go the private route, I would feel honored and privileged to be among those invited, but I will also understand if you choose not to.

    I will still follow this one!! You can't get rid of me that easy!

    Margaret said...

    I wanna read it!!!!!!!! my email is margaannemarie at yahoo dot com

    Sommer said...

    I, too, hate the word follower!! But I'd love to be yours. You have amazing rants and you are so witty. mamawithflavor.blogspot.com

    BNM said...

    dont leave me out, follow you I shall ;)

    Oka said...

    Personally, I agree with keeping the personal and professional separated. And when trying to be professional, I agree with leaving personal private, so something doesn't turn around and bite you in the butt.

    Empty Nester said...

    I'd follow you. We've all got a good rant or two in us! LOL

    LL Cool Joe said...

    Sounds cool count me in.. I'll email you again. :)

    Unknown said...

    no amount of ranting and raving could make me believe you're anything other than the sweet momma in that photo! But that being said, count me in for following your new blog! :)

    Jane said...

    I totally understand going private. It sounds like it is in your best interest to do so! Keep me posted!!! xoxo

    Heather said...

    A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. And I'll gladly follow you! Crazy is so much better in numbers:)

    Kmama said...

    I definitely want in!!

    Evonne said...

    I completely understand wanting a blog where you can just let it all out. That's why I have 2!

    I'd love to follow you to your new place.

    I hate that word, too!

    Unknown said...

    Well now you know my answer.. hook me up lol

    gayle said...

    I know what you mean about needing a private blog. There is so much I can't say on mine! I would love to be included in yours!

    Unknown said...

    I think it brings it to reality. The reality is that it isn't all happy and cheerful. It shows that you are a real person, a parent that has troubles as well. I know it makes me feel better to see that other moms and dads are going through the same thing. I would be happy to follow your blog. Either one.

    Debby@Just Breathe said...

    I would love to continue following you.

    Loz said...

    This is my first visit so I'm commenting without knowing a lot about your blog. I had 4 blogs once - a reflective one, a fun one, a photo blog and a private by invitation only one, and it just got way too hard to manage. People will continue to visit if they like your voice and it's not a real problem to campaign on some issues one day and be your sarcastic witty self in another post. In the end though, you do what you think is best.

    Wendal said...

    I agree with you. If you start a separate one, dont leave me behind !!!!

     

    .