• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Friday, November 19, 2010

    Appreciating Life

    I have a lot of Camera Envy. Viewing peoples amazing pics in Blog Land is like going to a Rich Friends house. You love that friend, you admire that house, then you walk away a bit empty. You go home to your shabby diggs, take off your old shoes, and depressingly view the holes in your socks. Then you wonder, why me? Why can't I have a big house and a nice car? I've struggled so hard. Then little moments happen in our lives to let us know that there are moments in life we get to be a part of that are Priceless....

    (thank you Becky at Life with Kaishon for encouraging me 
    to take pictures no matter what camera I have)

    Actress Julia Ormond presented Eustacia Cutler the 2010 Emmy Award she received for portraying her in the movie about her daughter, Temple Grandin... and I was a few feet away!!!! I whipped out my crappy cell phone camera and caught the moment!



    Sitting in the Shade with two of Autism's Finest!

    Stephen Shore, Ed.D
    Aspergers Adult, Educator, and Author
    Eustacia Cutler
    Temple Grandin's Mother and Autism Advocate
    and lil' ol' me!


     
    I took the last one myself with my cell too!! 
    I will post my story of my day soon! 







    PhotoStory Friday
    Hosted by Cecily and Lolli
     

    16 comments:

    Tara said...

    Very neat to see her up in person!! I agree, take pictures with whatever camera you have..capture the moment!

    Kmama said...

    I am just so excited for you and I can't wait for the post about your day!!

    Cap'n Salty said...

    What an awesome treat for you!!! I don't care about the camera quality, by the way, I'd rather see pictures than none!!

    LL Cool Joe said...

    You know as Luther Vandross and Janet Jackson said "The best things in life are free" and that is so true. You can everything, but have nothing.

    I really admire you. :)

    brandi said...

    ~sometimes you are just too much but i can very much relate...i like your analogy! i am so happy for you and being able to meet these two people...you do so much and be blessed with such a gift is only fitting!!! i can't wait to here more...much l♥ve and light upon you and yours~

    Unknown said...

    I am so glad you keep on shooting. Your pictures are beautiful because the memories and love.

    BNM said...

    had you not said anything i wouldnt have thought those pics were from a phone!!

    Autism Mom Rising said...

    Ohhh you were so right Jane....I do LOVE this. Reposting on Facebook right now. IMO it is not the great graphics, sharp image photos that make a blog...it is the heart, and, new friend, yours has the most heart of any I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing.

    Liz Mays said...

    Look at all these experiences you are having!

    Debby@Just Breathe said...

    What a beautiful moment for you. I loved the movie that they made about Temple Grandin. Being there in person it worth more than any picture. ((HUGS))

    Anonymous said...

    How amazing..btw you look good girl too..

    Aunt Juicebox said...

    Hey, at least you got the pics! And maybe someone can show you how to de-fuzz them? I don't know, I'm just as bad with my cellphone cam. It takes the WORST pics evah!

    Claudya Martinez said...

    It really doesn't matter what you used to take those pictures. I'm just glad you took them.

    Mike said...

    Very very cool!!

    Mama Wheaton said...

    Your right, the pictures we take and the lives we live are our own and should be treasured as such.

    Rose said...

    i think you take fantastic photos. there is no doubt how you feel about the people and places in the photo. take care rose

     

    .