• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Wednesday, April 21, 2010

    Pour Your Heart Out Two And I am Pissed!


    If you haven't read Bullies and Bullies Update please click on those titles and do so first or you will be confused.

    I am livid!! So the School said that I should be able to get my son transferred with a "Principal Approved Transfer". Sounded good to me right?? Nope, didn't happen. The "better" school in my district said, sorry we are full (insert dial tone). So I called more schools... nope, to late in the school year. So I spoke to the Assistant Principal (whom I've been dealing with), he told me to speak to the Principal. I spoke to the Principal she told me....... (hold your boot straps for this one) "I'm sorry but I've called in all my favors for the School year". WTF???? I really wanted to curse her out.. but at this point I had to keep my son in mind so I held my composure. I said... "Um excuse me but my son is not a favor". She recanted real quick and said "oh no thats not what I meant, it's just that we can only do so many transfers a year, and we Principals use them for expelled Children." I told her... so what your telling me is that you just shuffle the bad kids back and forth from school to school and the Victims are left out in the open to be attacked again??? She got real nervous and told me thats all we can do and I said Fine my son will not be returning to your school.

    So I called the Superintendent of LBUSD and repeated the whole thing. He tells me... oh yeah I just got a call about this (i guess someone had to cover her tracks quickly). He told me that it is too late in the School Year to Transfer but he wouldnt have a problem signing an out of district transfer... WTH??? Is he going to take my son back and forth to school. I was livid I said well can you at least get him in a better school for the fall? He said let me work on it and call me back in a couple of days. So a couple of days go by (my son stayed home all of the days). He also told me its to late in the year for Homeschool. While waiting I get a call from the Vice Principal. He tells me your son has been out of school 3 days and he needs to return now (minus spring break). I tell him I am not sending my son back to that school! I am informed that I am in violation of the law if I dont. Um okay... now the law matters????

    Rewind to Spring Break. The same kid that Beat the Shit out of my son has his cousin and friends follow my son and his friends home 2 blocks from the Burger Stand. He can't even get a freakin Burger!! It's taken me this long to get my son to go outside again!!

    Back to the present... Thursday (last week) I am forced to send my son back to school. My mom who lives 20min away comes to pick him up and drop him off back home daily to insure his safety. Monday I ask my son to take out the trash. He begs me to let him do it the next day. I thought he was being a bratty ass tween and told him take out the damn trash!! He looks like he is gonna cry.. I chalk it up to boy cramps and tell him after his shower but can you check the mail. He is shaking. I asked him if he is okay and he says I'm fine. I told him go to bed you may be sick.

    Tuesday, my Tween plays with his brother all day <---- now I'm concerned. He speaks to nobody else. I allow him to go to his friend Fernando's house (the boy who helped him to safety after the incident) in hopes he will cheer up. He gets a ride to and from there. He came home looking like a ghost. I asked him what the hell is going on. He tells me Fernando's dad and Fernando brought him in the house because the kid and his cousins were circling the house on Beach Cruisers. Older kids. I told him baby we gotta file a report. My son says why? The Police and the School won't help us. What can I say.... he's right.

    Today, my son comes home (he's losing weight) and I just cry. He looks like death. He looks frail and shaken. He tells me the kid, his cousin, and their friends all rode up to the his School (remember the kid is supposedly expelled) looking for him. My daughter got him in the car and brought him home. 

    I call the School. Guess What... They already know about it!!! Did they call me no! I asked if they called the Police.. No! I asked what the hell are they doing about this kid. They said he is off home arrest and didn't come into the school so all they can do is file a report for with the School Safety Officer... Tomorrow!! WTH??? Once again I said my son isn't coming back to this school!

    So I call the Police. 

    Me: "Hi I'd like to file a Police Report"

    PD: What is it in regards to?

    Me: Case # blah blah blah

    PD: How can I help you?

    Me: My son has been beaten viciously and the kid is following him around and terrorizing him

    PD: Where did the Incident occur

    Me: Latest at School Today

    PD: Well why are you calling me the School should be making a Report

    Me: They told me they would tomorrow with School Safety

    PD: Why didn't they call 911

    Me: They aren't helping me at all can I make my report

    PD: Do you want a restraining order

    Me: Sure, anything helps

    PD: Well you need a Police Report of the Incident

    Me: Thats why I'm Calling!!!!!

    PD: You can't call the School needs to call

    Me: I'm coming in to PD tomorrow I can't take anymore of this today

     *CLICK*

    ARE YOU SERIOUS????? So anyways I am sticking to my gut. My son is not going back to school tomorrow. I am taking him to the doctor and getting a letter from the psychologist. If I get arrested for not sending my son to Public School so be it.

    .

    41 comments:

    Unknown said...

    I can't believe the school won't do anything!

    Angela said...

    This makes me very upset and sad for your son. I can not believe that nothing is being done. :( Poor child. Poor you. I am praying for you.

    Chief said...

    Jane, in our state there is something called Home and Hospital... people use it all the time...

    You get a dR. to say he needs to be removed for emotional reasons and then the SCHOOL IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO HELP YOU SCHOOL HIM FROM HOME...

    and the "too late in the school year" to homeschool is bullshit... at least in Utah. Do your homework on California rules and regs on this... you are getting the run around...

    I swear to you I am shaking! I am an administrator at a PUBLIC school and this is a bunch of shit

    The Princess of Sarcasm said...

    I am both shocked and outraged. If this happened in the area I live in, you would have gotten immediate results. I wish the whole country would take care of business like we all deserve. My heart breaks for you.

    Kmama said...

    OMG!! What is wrong with these people??? I mean, seriously. That is so insane. I'm absolutely livid.

    I do research for a living. If you need any help researching stuff, let me know!

    Unknown said...

    You should call the news. There's stories every day on our news about children who got beat up. get the media involved. Then find an advocate.

    Brandi said...

    WTH?! "Too late in the school year to homeschool?" I'm callin' BS on that as well. He's your child, as long as he's being educated... ACK!!! Now, I'm going to go to bed pissed off.

    Bless his heart. Good luck tomorrow. I hope this situation gets resolved to your satisfaction. It's just not fair.

    Oka said...

    Sickens me that no one there cares. I don't care if it happens all the time. It's because they allow it to happen all the time. If they'd make the freaking efforts to stop it, they could.

    I so think you need to get legal services involved (there should be free help). Secondly, contact the frickin media. Share your story.

    Evonne said...

    WTF?!? I'd be pissed as hell, too. How is it too late to homeschool? This is your child and if you want to teach him, you should be able to. I would definitely research that.

    I agree with Supah - start making phone calls. I know you're doing everything in your power to fix this, but maybe making those calls will light a fire under those idiots asses so they do what's right.

    Hugs to you and your son. If you need anything, please let me know.

    Stacey @ Chasing Cloud 9 said...

    I agree, I'd definitely take it to the media and quite possibly a lawyer! Praying for your family.

    Shell said...

    There is absolutely no such thing as too late in the school year to homeschool! This is freaking ridiculous!

    I wouldn't send him. I hope you can get this resolved.

    Nancy C said...

    I'm so sorry. What an ordeal.

    Sharon Schoepe said...

    I would look into the home school laws for your state. I pulled my oldest son out toward the end of his 5th grade and home schooled him for the remainder of the year. He went back for his 6th grade year on. I hate that they are treating you this way. It's so unfair that basically the bullies are winning. My heart breaks for your son.

    Stephanie said...

    I've only been reading your blog for a few days now but I had to chime in on this one. Bullying is something that really gets me riled up. I've been there.

    I found this resource, it may be helpful to you.

    http://www2.ed.gov/policy/elsec/guid/unsafeschoolchoice.pdf

    What a load of BULLSHIT!

    I wouldn't take any more crap from that school. Your child is entitled to a free and proper education. This situation is preventing that from happening. It is the schools job to ensure that your son feels safe there.

    I would also take it to the media. You know what they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The more waves you make and the more hell you give them the faster they will see things your way just to shut you up. :)

    I would most definitely talk with someone at the police station and get a restraining order. Since the school is obviously no help, tell your son if there are kids there after school again that he should go back in school and ask to call the police. He should not hesitate to call the police to report it.

    Find safe places along his route home so that he knows where to go for help.

    I would also document every conversation you have with this school or any official representing the school. Dates, times and names. Make sure they know you are documenting these things. Go as high up in the school district as you can.

    I would keep my child home from school also, damn the laws. They cannot force you to place your child in an unsafe environment and until they can gaurantee you that he will be safe they can eat shit.

    I was bullied in school. I know how hard it is to be scared to go to school. I was punched so hard in the back at one point I ended up in the hospital with a severely bruised kidney. I peed blood for an entire month after that incident.

    Back then we were told to suck it up and fight back. Our children today can't suck it up and fight back. It's no longer the world we live in. Violence escalates too fast and there are too many children today with access to guns.

    You do what you think in your heart is right and damn what everyone else thinks.

    Good luck and I hope you get the justice and education that your son deserves.

    Stephanie said...

    Here is another link regarding homeschool laws in California.

    http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/California.pdf

    Anonymous said...

    This is some major BS. I am with you, I would not send him back there. Sending lots of prayers to you and your son.

    Nicole said...

    Ugh what the friggin freak!?! This pisses me off! Where are these low lives parents!? I can't believe the police and school if it were theirs kid it would be fixed in a heartbeat! I agree with everyone! Media, Lawyer, and make waves!! Praying for you all.

    Lothiriel said...

    OH my God!!! I'm sorry this is happening!! I'd be livid too!!! I don't know much about the school system, but all this smells like bullshit!

    alice said...

    Oh my LORD. That is so far beyond the pale - I can't believe that the expelled kids get to get moved, but the kids who are IN DANGER have to just suck up and deal? GREAT plan, there. Possibly the shuffling of expelled kids is why some students are becoming big bullies, eh? Lack of consequences?

    Again, I'm so thankful that he has you as an advocate - the thing I keep coming back to in all of this (after how awful it must be for him, and for you), is how utterly unworkable this system would be for a child whose parent isn't willing or able to fight for them.

    Anonymous said...

    *hugs*

    My heart aches for you and your family. No child should be terrorized like this. And yes, that's what it is, that little craphead is a terrorist and your son is the victim, there is no better definition. I can't believe the school isn't helping you out.

    You go tomorrow and don't give up. DON'T GIVE UP!! You fight for him and for your family, and you fight hard. I will pray for you.

    Messy Mommy said...

    You are absolutely doing the right thing by keeping him home!!! I would do the same thing! So so so scary! Praying for you guys!

    Stasha said...

    OMG I am so sorry this is happening...

    Don't send him to school... As traumatizing as this situation has been I can't believe that the school is not being more cooperative with you... Totally blows me away and angers me to no end.

    Call the media, seek legal advice... There has got to be a way to get what you want!

    Saying a prayer for you and your son!

    Anonymous said...

    I am outraged! This is beyond sick and ridiculous. You are doing the right thing by not sending him back there. Getting the media and a lawyer involved is great advice. You have every right to do what it takes to protect your son. My prayers are with you.

    Claudya Martinez said...

    Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! This makes my entire body and soul hurt. I have been the victim of a violent crime and this stuff can really affect you. I still have panic attacks and my situation happened over a decade ago. There is no way that your child can feel safe in that school. He is not being protected. I am so sorry, I wish that I could offer you some help. I want to sue the crap out of the school district. Trust your gut.

    Christy said...

    Wow, I can not believe the crap that school is giving you. I am so sorry that your son has to deal with this. I agree that you should seek pro bono law help and send your story to the local news. They always have hometown feature stories here.

    Have you spoken to any private schools, especially religious ones? If you tell one of them your story they may take your son in on a scholarship. Guess it can't hurt to ask.

    I also agree with 'its too late to homeschool'. Its your child and if you want to homeschool it should be your right to!

    Good luck, and I'm praying for yall.

    Malika said...

    I cannot believe this! Good for you sticking to your guns. The school should be protecting your child and they aren't. I wouldn't let him go back either.

    MommyLovesStilettos said...

    THis post made me cry. I am so sorry that you are going through this. Poor kiddo :( I really hope someone can help you. Keep us posted!

    Lori said...

    You want the school to do something? Call a newspaper or tv station. When they find their lazy administrators on tv or written about in the paper, they will take notice.

    And if it is too late for homeschooling in Cali, then how did my cousin manage to do the very thing this past week?

    It sounds like you need to be an Angry and Ugly Mommy (which is what I call myself when I am standing up for my kids and no one will help!).

    Good luck to you!

    Melinda said...

    That is a bunch of crap!! They messed with the wrong Mom!! Way to go and don't back down!!!

    Meeko Fabulous said...

    This is such bullshit.

    Margaret said...

    OMG!!!!! I can't believe that the school won't do anything about it. I would sue them and I won't send him to school either.

    Unknown said...

    Hi, I found you through Princess of Sarcasm. I am so sorry for what your son is going through. I am in tears just thinking about what he is suffering. I will definitely send letters and I am going to copy Princesses post for my blog. I am so sorry

    Tracie Nall said...

    Prayers and emails and blog posts are going out for you and your sweet son! Tell him to be strong...there is a whole blog-s-sphere who have his back and we won't give up until something is done!

    Tara Todd said...

    I am so sorry to hear about this!! I would report it to the local news as well!! I made a post and tweeted it ... I hope he gets the justice he deserves very soon!!
    http://www.acreationofmiracles.com/2010/04/please-help-children-being-bullyed-have.html

    @TxTaraTodd

    Cassie said...

    I think the whole "its too late to homeschool" thing is BS. I would check with other homeschooling moms and organizations for help if need be. http://www.hsc.org/faqs.php
    I wouldn't trust the school district not to transfer/expell another "problem child" into your son's new school. The seem to be completely unconcerned. I hope they get their act together soon.

    Emmy said...

    Ugh this just makes me sick and mad and angry as can be. I am so so sorry for what you and your son are dealing with. I wish there was something I could do. I am going to join up with the Princess of Sarcasm and send a letter to the principle.

    Anonymous said...

    Utter bullshit and I'm so disgusted w/ your local school department!

    Not sure what your homeschool laws are in CA. and am wondering if you've looked into virtual homeschooling?

    You may want to contact the Homeschool Legal Defense Association @ http://www.hslda.org/about/default.asp ---

    Macey said...

    This just turned my stomach. You have a beautiful child, sweety. I'm gonna cry, here. Good thing you can't see me!
    I think if it was me, it would take a lot of willpower NOT to find these kids and their parents and bitchslap the crap out of every single one of them. I'm so sorry.
    Homeschooling? Not that you should have to resort to that.

    Christy said...

    I don't know what state you live in, but I'd be pulling him and homeschooling him and just DARE them to call the truency officer. You need to find out what the homeschooling laws are in your state (it's not up to the principal OR the superintendent if you hs or not, it's a parents choice and RIGHT), and you can pull your child from school at anytime without the principals "permission".


    Here's a website to find your states regulations on homeschooling and you can also call HSLDA and talk to a lawyer on your rights: http://www.hslda.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1

    Mrs4444 said...

    What ticks me off the most about this is that your son is the one moving. That kid needs to be held accountable! I say it's time for a lawyer.

    Anonymous said...

    Hi - I am certainly happy to discover this. cool job!

     

    .