• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Monday, April 12, 2010

    All About Meme Monday: What's the Word Hummingbird?


    Brought to you by


    What is YOUR WORD?

    a WORD or CATCH PHRASE that you made up 

    or stole borrowed 

    or adapted or whatever

    a WORD or CATCH PHRASE that you say all the time, 

    use in an unusual way, 

    makes you laugh  or feel clever.

    a WORD or CATCH PHRASE that you've redefined

    or that has come to mean something different 

    because of your kids or your job

    --------------------------------------------------------

    Tell us your WORD or CATCH PHRASE, 

    give us the DEFINITION and ORIGIN, 

    and use it in a SENTENCE or story, if you prefer.

    **********

     

    MY WORDS:

     

    GHETTO TWINS: 

    (hood word)

    A Man that has kids the same age 

    by different Mothers.

     

    GHETTOCURES: 

    (i made up)

    When you are so far behind in your pedicures that you go to a different shop to get your feet done with no shame.

     

    (To embarrassed to go to your regular shop)

     

    DUCKLIPS: 

    (Me & Friends made up)

    When you are with your kids and friends so you gotta put a filter on it and you are talking about a Dirty Ho. 

     

    Example: "Mmmhmm you know she got DuckLips"


    KITCHEN:

    (Cultural Word)

    The naps in the back of your head. Ecspecially if you've been out in the heat all day and you lift up the back of your hair... 

     

    "gurrrl your kitchen is tore up"

     

     

    CHOCOLATE MILK: 

    (I made up)

    When you see a fine Black Man and you are with your kids and friends and you gotta put a filter on it.  

     

    Example: 

    "Gurl I'd love a tall glass of Chocolate Milk"

     

    Tore up from the Floor up:

    (Hood Word)

    Two meanings: Total Loser or Super Drunk

     

    African Time:

    (Cultural Word)

    Basically if your party starts at 2pm, 

     Invite us at Noon... 

    we should make it there around 3pm or So!



    16 comments:

    Stacey @ Chasing Cloud 9 said...

    OMG I am dying at ghettocures! That is hilarious.

    Oka said...

    these were fun, LOL

    Not sure anyone would get them if I tried using them LMBO

    Busymomsteph said...

    These are hillarious!!

    Amy said...

    Oh my gosh those are so funny and amazing.. I loved it.. It made me laugh today.. I needed that..

    Unknown said...

    The gettocure- did I respell that right- anyway, there's a lot of that runnin around this early spring ;-)Good word!

    MommyLovesStilettos said...

    Ghettocures!! LMAO!! That's the best!!!!

    Kmama said...

    LOL

    The first job I had out of college, the owner was black. He said they all ran on CP time (Colored-People time) and would even print invitations to important events with the wrong time on them so people would show up ON time. LOL

    Liz Mays said...

    I am just loving these!!! I wonder if I threw them at my daughter if she'd know any? LOL

    BNM said...

    LMAO!! Ghetto twins!!! MUHAHAHA!! again i love the ghettocures!!! these are all too funny.. i use tore up from the floor up all the time but it sounds more like toe up from the flow up! hahahaa

    Shell said...

    LOL These are so funny! :)

    william manson said...

    ROTFLMAO GOOD ONE :)

    Unknown said...

    These were awesome!
    I especially love the ghettocures!

    I have never done that! <---total lie

    Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

    Duck Lips and Chocolate Milk were my favorite! Lol!

    Jane said...

    I love, love, love these words! Thanks for putting a nice big smile on my face this morning :))

    Aunt Juicebox said...

    Ghetto twins! ROFL

    The Princess of Sarcasm said...

    Omg...so many laughs.

    My SIL is apparently on African time. And it is soooo true! We were invited to an African party. I asked "what time does it start?" They said it started at 8 but not to come until after 10:00. I told them FYI, that was close to the time I would normally go home!! My kids loved that they were going to a party an hour after their bed time! We were among the first to arrive....and go home. lol

     

    .