• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Sunday, April 17, 2011

    Sunday's In My City, In the Media


    Unknown Mami



    How can we expect our children 
    to know and experience the joy of giving
    unless we teach them that 
    the greater pleasure
    in life lies in the art of giving 
    rather than receiving.
        ~James Cash Penny




    Giving kids clothes and food is one thing 
    but it's much more important 
    to teach them that other people 
    besides themselves are important, 
    and that the best thing 
    they can do with their lives 
    is to use them in the service of other people.
        ~Dolores Huerta




    I shall pass through this world but once. 
    Any good therefore that I can do
    or any kindness that I can show
    to any human being, let me do it now. 
    Let me not defer or neglect it, 
    for I shall not pass this way again. 
    ~Mahatma Gandhi

    5 comments:

    Tabitha Blue said...

    Love what you're doing!!! That is awesome! I'll be praying for your event this summer too :)

    That first quote is awesome too... they all are. Thanks so much for linking up with Sunday Citar, and keep up the great work you're doing!!

    ~Tabitha

    Claudya Martinez said...

    You are living all those quotes.

    Angela said...

    you always have the best quotes!

    Kristin - The Goat said...

    How great that the skaters were promoting Autism. It's a neat combo.

    Amy DM said...

    I can't watch videos over here on my connection but the quotes are great.

    Good job on helping in the fight against autism.

     

    .