• Translate My Blog

    My Blog is about many things, adult adoptee, autism, family, laughter, and love, feel free to follow me on my journey, and look through my archives. It takes more than one subject to define me or my family. We are a mixture of a bit of everything!


    Open Adoption Blogs Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software

    Thursday, April 21, 2011

    Autistic Man Beaten on the Bus

    C'mon World are you really surprised???

    News:


    When are we as a Community going to stop acting appalled and start being held accountable? When are we going to stop handing down our B.S. Character Flaws to our kids. If you know me you know I have always copped to my faults. A lot of my teen years were spent on restriction for saying "Yeah I did it... so what"... while the rest of the world went out and played. When my friends and I went out and partied, drugged & drank... I told my parents yup I messed up, I did it I was there.... while I buried many a friend too early and lost many friendships by being their scapegoat to their own insecurities and mishaps. 

    The result, I turned around and made my life better... For that I thank my parents. I thank them for making me understand that my life is no better than the next persons. I thank them for teaching me accountability.

    So what the heck is going on in the news today? Oh your surprised.... lets break it down...

    You beat someone on the bus??? Lets just forget the Autistic part... what the *^#% brought you to the point that you beat people on the street, in the bus, a spouse, a parent, a child?? Dude you are seriously effed up. If his parents didn't raise him somebody did... The system???? A caretaker???? Foster Care??? The Streets and the people that stepped over him as they went to work? Don't get me wrong, I don't feel sorry for the Devil. I feel sorry for those who allowed the Devil to take a child's soul and brought him to be such an Evil Man. I feel sorry for our Nation. Men and Women! I feel sorry for inner children everywhere. Verbal and Non-Verbal. Autistic, non Autistic.
     
    Lets not forget the real problem here. Where is the blame? Seriously yes, as adults we need to be held accountable. But as a mom of a young child on the spectrum... 

    I had someone who i grew up with who is a mom to a typical child. She decided to leave a an event early, why? Because Tafari's meltdown was "too much" and she couldn't handle it. 

    What message are we sending our non-special needs youth? 

    If we don't accept special needs persons why should we expect them too? It doesn't matter if your kids are present or not. You must make the change within yourself to make your children believe your truth. You can't promote compassion and empathy when it's convenient. 

    Our Children are smart they are less jaded they read between the lines. Why are we surprised when they become Typical Adults with no compassion?

    I understand it's not an excuse, but it is definitely food for thought. When are we going to start being responsible for the next generation instead of being "Appalled" when they've lived up to everything we denied them of...

    COMPASSION
    LOVE
    ACCEPTANCE
    STRENGTH
    COMMUNITY
    AWARENESS
    EMPATHY
    TOLERANCE
    SELF ESTEEM

    7 comments:

    Tabitha Blue said...

    Some of the things people are capable of just astound me... in both ways. Something so horrible, and yet there is so much good in some people. Being raised the right way is HUGE, and that's what I strive to do with my children.

    Anonymous said...

    This is wrong on so many counts. Why didn't anybody intervene? Why the heck didn't the driver call 911? It breaks my heart to think that this is the world that our children will grow up to.

    Kmama said...

    That is just so sad. So very sad.

    Excellent points in your post though!

    Unknown said...

    ok my question is why in the hell did the bus driver not get off their ass and do something to helpthat man?? Get on a radio and call for cops.. I hold them just as responsible for this. She should have put his ass OFF the bus and called the law to come get his sorry ass

    Adoption of Jane said...

    That's exactly what I was thinking!!!!!

    Gerri said...

    It's timeout for spectating and time to stand up and DO something about what we see and hear!!

    Debby@Just Breathe said...

    That is so sad. It is bad enough that someone would beat him up but didn't anyone come forward and help. This really pisses me off.

     

    .